Sonntag, 16. November 2014

Leadlighted peonies

Hello again!

We've got flower power! Lovely peonies from MoYou London plate pro collection 06. This is the first time I used the leadlight technique: you just colour your design over the stamped nail with sheer nail polishes. The base is typically white or other light colour and you stamp with black or otherwise dark nuance, which would be well seen through the sheer polish layer.

 

First I painted my nails with pure white and added some glittery sheer white polish (Yves Rocher Blanc neige) above. Then I stamped with black. And then I coloured the peonies with some polishes which I made more translucent by adding clear polish. Also I've got a really sheer red polish by Shiseido, and it suits very well for leadlighting. It is on the big petals around and over peach-colored areas. Due to its transparency the polish looks rather pink than red.

In the middle of November my chrysanthemums are breaking into bloom.
I think leadlight technique is more fun, if you've got ready to use sheer polishes. Some of mixed with clear polishes are stell not transparent enough.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen